Cork – a superhero material made by nature
100% Natural, Ecological, Sustainable, Renewable, Recyclable, Reusable and biodegradable material.
It is the outer bark of the cork oak (Quercus Suber L.), Harvested every nine years without harming the tree, cork is one of nature’s most extraordinary inventions, because it’s a natural plant tissue, cork is biodegradable, and its exceptional ability to retain CO2 makes it a champion of sustainability, a powerful ally against climate change. The cork oak forests, Montado in Portuguese, are living ambassadors of sustainability and a driving force of sustainable development.
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- Impermeability to liquids and gases
- Resistance to fire and high temperatures
- High-friction resistance
- Elasticity, compressibility, and resilience
- Comfortable and soft to the touch